Newburg Staff Writers-January 14, 2021 (5:00PM)
As a follow-up to our piece on December 24th Newburg | CPA Article on Massachusetts $668M Relief for Small Business we wanted to provide you a quick reminder that the deadline for application submissions under the Massachusetts Sector-Specific Relief Grant Program is coming to a close by midnight on Friday January 15th.
Please visit MGCC website here Sector-Specific Application (MGCC) for all the details regarding the program and application.
Governor Charlie Baker spoke this afternoon alongside representatives of MGCC to encourage those business owners significantly impacted by Covid-19 to apply by the end of tomorrow. To date the state has granted/earmarked close to $195M to assist those specific sectors in need. Businesses can receive up to $75,000 in grants that are capped at up to 3 months of operating expenses. While the Governor alluded to additional phases forthcoming within the program, details were not provided.
As a reminder eligible industries for the program include:
- Restaurants, bars, caterers, and food trucks that collect and remit meals tax
- Indoor recreation and entertainment establishments
- Indoor entertainment establishments (e.g. movie theaters, comedy clubs, performing arts venues/organizations)
- Indoor recreation (e.g. arcades, bowling centers, pool/billiard halls, escape-the-rooms, trampoline parks, roller skating rinks)
- Indoor spectator sports venues
- Other indoor recreation or entertainment venues
- Gyms or Fitness Centers
- Gyms, athletic clubs, exercise centers, health clubs
- Sports facilities (e.g. tennis clubs, racquetball clubs, hockey rinks, swimming facilities)
- Fitness instruction centers (e.g. aerobics, dance, yoga, karate, etc.)
- Other gyms or fitness centers
- Personal services
- Nail salons, barber shops, etc.
- Independent pharmacies
- Even Support Companies – primary source ((more than 50%) of revenue is event-related
- Photography studios, videography studios, florists, limo services, event planning companies, event rentals, performers, convention and trade show organizations
- Independent Retailers
- Businesses with brick and mortar locations that collect and remit sales tax
- All other eligible business types
Please contact us should you have any questions.
Newburg | CPA