Newburg | CPA Special News Brief
May 26, 2022
As of Tuesday May 31, 2022 QuickBooks Desktop will no longer be supporting add-on services and will discontinue technical support for all QuickBooks versions 2019 and prior.
Security updates will also be discontinued. It is for this reason that our firm can no longer accept backups or accountant’s copy files from QuickBooks Desktop versions before 2020.
We strongly encourage that you update your QB Desktop file to the newest available version or convert your file to QB Online (QBO). If you are looking to avoid future upgrades and additional time with release updates, we do recommend that you consider converting to QBO.
QBO can also provide improved shared access along with other automation enhancements. Our Accounting Specialist team would be happy to provide you more information regarding the conversion process, etc.
A full list of services that will be discontinued is below. Note that if you are not currently subscribed to any of the services below this will not affect you. However, if you utilize the online banking feature you will be forced to manually enter all transactions which will take much longer.
- Assisted Payroll: After May 31, 2022, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 will not automatically calculate correct payroll taxes, provide payroll forms, or allow you to send your payroll data. Your subscription will be deactivated, and tax forms will not be filed on your behalf. QuickBooks Desktop Discontinuation FAQ for Payroll.
- Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll: After May 31, 2022, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 will not automatically calculate correct payroll taxes or provide payroll tax forms. Your paychecks may be inaccurate, and your subscription will be deactivated. QuickBooks Desktop Discontinuation FAQ for Payroll.
- Workers’ Comp Payment Service: You will not be able to process Workers’ Comp Payments through QuickBooks Desktop 2019. A supported version of QuickBooks and an active Payroll subscription are required to run the payment service.
- QuickBooks Workforce (formerly ViewMyPaycheck): You and your employees will not have access to QuickBooks Workforce. You are required to have an active Payroll subscription and supported version of QuickBooks to use this service.
- Payment processing: You’ll get a message that the service is no longer available. You will not be able to process credit card and check transactions through QuickBooks Desktop 2019. The message will include instructions for processing credit card and check transactions outside QuickBooks.
- Merchant Service Deposit (reconciliation): After May 31, 2022, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 will not download credit card and check info in the product.
- Recurring Payments: QuickBooks Desktop 2019 will not download your recurring payments. These transactions will continue to process. You can manage your Recurring Payments at MerchantCenter.intuit.com.
- eInvoice: After May 31, 2022, you will not be able to process eInvoice (email of invoice with pay link enabled) through QuickBooks Desktop 2019. You’re required to have a supported version of QuickBooks and an active payments subscription to run this service.
- Accountant Copy Transfer Service: You will not be able to send accountant copies in QuickBooks Desktop using this service.
- Contributed Reports: You will not be able to use this feature in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Intuit Data Protect: You will not be able to back up your files and folders.
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate: You will not be able to use or turn on this feature to assign specific currency types to your profiles and accounts in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Online Banking: You will not be able to download transactions, send online payments, or send online transfers. The exact error message depends on your download method. For example, you may receive, “QuickBooks Desktop is unable to verify the Financial Institution Information for this Download.”
Note: Uploading transactions will also be discontinued.
- QuickBooks Time: The use of QuickBooks Time within QuickBooks 2019 will not be available. To sync your QuickBooks Time Data with QuickBooks, move to QuickBooksOnline or use a web connector.
For more information on this please visit the link below.
Feel free to reach out should you have any question on this matter.
Newburg | CPA can help
Newburg CPA, a Boston-based accounting firm can assist you. Contact us if you have questions.