“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed in the things you didn’t do, than by the ones you did do … Explore, Dream, Discover”
– Mark Twain
Primary Focus & Experience
Howard Newburg is the Founder, CEO and Managing Partner of Newburg & Company, LLP. Howard has over forty years’ experience providing innovative accounting, auditing, tax, and business advisory services. He specializes in financial and estate planning, tax strategies and compliance issues, litigation support, merger/acquisition transactions, business valuations, executive benefits and general consulting in all financial and transactional areas. His diplomacy, discretion, and ability to communicate have earned Newburg & Company, a loyal and appreciative clientele.
Howard is excited to play a key role in the firm’s growing Biotechnology, Science and entrepreneurship department. His expertise has developed from active participation as CEO and CFO for a biochemical company that is developing products dedicated to reducing infant and childhood diarrhea worldwide. The company, launched in 2002 as a concept, has major investor and major development partners in the Fortune 500 Stock Market Index.
In addition, Howard has served on the boards of several important governmental and private institutions. Additionally, Howard serves as a CFO/CEO to affiliated businesses in differing fields, including manufacturing, processing, distribution, and biotechnical. Howard has served on various boards, including the Board of the American Heart Association and was elected Vice President of Finance and Operations for his house of worship; he has also served on various financial and operations boards for the town of Dover, Massachusetts and various others.
It is through his open-door and mentoring leadership, that the team atmosphere at Newburg is so prevalent. This team approach and his strive for excellence support the Newburg philosophy of helping the clients achieve their financial and asset protection goals.
Some of his major achievements include, but are not limited to: Consultant to various attorneys on several class action and business litigation cases, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – Coordinator and Presenter of the Seminar on Accountant’s Malpractice from a Litigator’s Point of
View, National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst – Certificate of Quality Enhancement, Numerous formal and information business valuations, structured transactions for financial and tax efficiency and Court-Appointed Receiver. Howard served on the board of Radius Bank and was the chair of their audit committee. He has continuously provided Advisory Services to company boards and management throughout his career.
- Howard enjoys tennis, softball, travel, and spending time with his family in Boston and at the Cape.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- University of Massachusetts/Amherst- Accounting Concentration with honors
- Master of Science in Taxation – Bentley College
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- Licensed Certified Valuation Analyst
- Certified in Financial Fraud
- Massachusetts Notary Public
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, MAS Division, Tax Division
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Litigation Support Committee of the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Boston Estate Planning Council Member
- American Society of Appraisers