We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced senior level accounting professional to join our dynamic firm. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to work closely with partners, clients, and colleagues in delivering exceptional services to our valued clients. Our clientele consists of privately held domestic and international businesses along with entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. We work with all types of industries some of which include high-tech, life sciences, real estate, retail and hospitality.
Senior Accountants should have robust interpersonal, communication and project management skills. Senior Accountants lead compliance and planning assignments independently. They often oversee one or more accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Senior Accountants help lead and direct Staff and Senior Staff Accountants.
- Perform diversified accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, director or partner
- Supervise and train staff on firm, tax, and audit processes and perform job evaluations
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards i.e. AICPA, FASB, GASB, GAAP
- Review and/or prepare various tax returns and financial statements
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws and regulations
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, director or partner
- Participate in planning and scheduling client engagements
- Proactively review and identify additional services for assigned clients and work with other departments in developing a plan for clients
- Conduct research and prepare memorandums outlining findings and conclusions
- Communicate directly with existing clients via meetings, e-mail, and conference calls
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by management
- Manage multiple client engagements in a face-paced, deadline driven environment
- At least three years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing, accounting and tax knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred – if licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs
- Working knowledge of various software programs such as CCH ProSystem fx Tax, CCH ProSystem fx Engagement and QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and organizational skills
Newburg | CPA adheres to COVID-19 protocols.
Newburg | CPA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short – and long-term disability, 401k match, HSA contributions and a reduced summer work week. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Career@newburg.com