Are you searching for your next great professional accounting opportunity?
Newburg CPA is a full-service CPA firm with nearly 40 years of industry experience. Our firm is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant who will work closely with other team members in a supportive, flexible, respectful environment. We have a passion for providing exceptional service to our clients and specialize in working with an exciting mix of industries, like biotech, breweries/distilleries, and manufacturing, to name just a few.
Newburg CPA offers professionals the ability to work at a local firm with national/international reach. We have deep ties to the Waltham community and in-depth knowledge of accounting issues affecting local businesses and individuals. But we don’t stop there. As an independent member firm of the BDO Alliance USA, we also have access to a global network made up of hundreds of highly successful accounting and consulting firms. Through our Alliance membership, our team members have access to the most up-to-date technical information as well as training and growth opportunities to develop their technical expertise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and reviewing complex federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals, businesses, and organizations. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting tax research and analysis to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines, as well as staying up to date on regulatory changes to communicate the impact to clients and team members
- Providing tax planning and advisory services to clients, including reviewing and analyzing financial statements, accounting records, and relevant documentation to ensure accurate tax reporting and identifying tax-saving opportunities and strategies
- Advising clients on tax implications of business transactions, investments, and other financial decisions
- Conduct tax audits and assist in the preparation of audit responses, supporting schedules, and documentation, as well as tax provision calculations and related disclosures for financial reporting purposes
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships, providing exceptional customer service and addressing client concerns or inquiries
We strive to make Newburg a place where our team members can grow and thrive. Below are some of the additional benefits of joining the staff at Newburg CPA:
- Competitive PTO package (Vacation/Sick Time/Holidays)
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- Health/Dental/Vision benefit plan package
- Health Savings/Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life/AD&D/Long-Term/Short-Term Disability
- Sign-on bonus potential to qualified experienced individuals
- Shortened Summer work week with Fridays off
- Hybrid Schedule with Flex time
- Employee Assistance Program, Confidential Support Line 24/7/365
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. A master’s degree in taxation or a CPA license is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in tax accounting, preferably in a public accounting firm or a corporate tax department
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of various software programs such as CCH ProSystem fx Tax, CCH ProSystem fx Engagement and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex tax regulations and apply them to specific situations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in tax calculations, documentation, and filings.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with executives, clients, and colleagues at all levels
If you are interested in an employment opportunity with Newburg CPA, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com