We have outstanding opportunities for experienced tax accountants, to join our dynamic firm. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to work closely with partners, clients, and colleagues in delivering exceptional services to our valued clients. Our clientele consists of privately held domestic and international businesses along with entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. We work with all types of industries some of which include high-tech, life sciences, real estate, retail and hospitality.
You should have robust interpersonal, communication, and project management skills. Opportunity to lead compliance and planning assignments independently. Depending on level, maybe required to oversee one or more accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions.
- Perform diversified tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, director or partner
- May be required to train staff on tax processes and perform job evaluations
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards i.e. AICPA, FASB, GASB, GAAP
- Review and/or prepare various tax returns
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws and regulations
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, director or partner
- Participate in planning and scheduling client engagements
- Proactively review and identify additional services for assigned clients and work with other departments in developing a plan for clients
- Conduct research and prepare memorandums outlining findings and conclusions
- Communicate directly with existing clients via meetings, e-mail, and conference calls
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by management
- Manage multiple client engagements in a face-paced, deadline driven environment
- Four to Six years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting and tax knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred – if licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs
- Working knowledge of various software programs such as CCH ProSystem fx Tax, CCH ProSystem fx Engagement and QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and organizational skills
Newburg | CPA adheres to COVID-19 protocols.
Newburg | CPA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short – and long-term disability, 401k match, HSA contributions, hybrid schedule and a reduced summer work week. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Career@newburg.com