We have an outstanding opportunity for an entry level accounting professional (0-2 years of experience). As a member of our team, the staff accountant will have the opportunity to utilize his/her educational background to work closely with colleagues on a variety of industries, including hospitality, life sciences/biotech, non-profits, manufacturing, etc. Our clientele consists of small business clients, corporate and international, as well as high net worth individuals.
- Prepare and review federal, state and international tax returns
- Prepare financial reporting and tax planning services for corporate and individual tax clients
- Assist with audit engagements for our corporate clients
- Research financial reporting issues
- Reply to IRS and state tax notices
- Taking part in additional value-added services we provide to our clients
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Understand professional standards and applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam as soon as possible
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB and AICPA
- Become proficient at preparing financial statements
- Obtain exposure on the types of financial statement engagements offered by the firm
- Assume responsibility for unaudited financial statement engagements or segments of audits under the supervision of more experienced staff
- Candidates should have the ability to multi-task and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a further degree is a plus.
- The ability to work collaboratively is required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Newburg | CPA adheres to COVID-19 protocols.
Newburg | CPA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short – and long-term disability, 401k match, HSA contributions and a reduced summer work week. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Career@newburg.com