We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced senior staff level accounting professional to join our dynamic firm. As a member of our A&A team you will have the opportunity to work closely with partners, clients, and colleagues in delivering exceptional services to our valued clients. Our clientele consists of privately held domestic and international businesses along with entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. We work with all types of industries some of which include high-tech, life sciences, real estate, retail, and hospitality.
Audit/Assurance Senior Staff will be responsible for performing audit engagements under the direction of the engagement Supervisor/Manager. They will oversee as well as train staff accountants as needed.. On occasion, Assurance Seniors will also be responsible for performing tax engagements for their assurance clients.
- Plan, coordinate, conduct and oversee assurance engagements under the direction of and with assistance from Supervisor/Manager
- Prepare assurance reports and communicate findings to engagement team
- Communicate effectively with the engagement Supervisor, Manager, Partner, and Client
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards i.e., AICPA, FASB, GASB, GAAP
- Review and/or prepare various tax returns and financial statements for certain assurance clients
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Participate in planning and scheduling client engagements
- Conduct research and prepare memorandums outlining findings and conclusions
- Communicate directly with existing clients via meetings, e-mail, and conference calls
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing, accounting and tax knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred – if licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs
- Working knowledge of various software programs such as CCH ProSystem fx Tax, CCH ProSystem fx Engagement and QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and organizational skills
Newburg & Company, LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short – and long-term disability, 401k match, HSA contributions and a reduced summer work week with Friday’s off. We offer a hybrid environment with Work from Home opportunities along with a broad-minded Flex Policy to promote a better life/work balance. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org