Newburg CPA is midsized public accounting firm specializing in advisory, assurance and tax.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accounting student to get a varied experience as they assist all our departments during our busiest season. We are offering hardworking, dedicated individuals a chance to learn from our tax, audit, and accounting service departments. Here is your chance to get to see how a public accounting firm works in busy season and experience the different facets of a career in public accounting.
Our flexible internship program can work with your class schedule and starts at 15 hours per week and can offer up to 40 hours of work per week.
We are looking for self driven individuals who excel in a team environment. Newburg CPA works as a team and is driven by our desire to help our clients and provide the best service possible. We are looking forward to adding people to our team who admire those values.
Here is a brief overview of some of the items you may assist with during your time with us:
- Leaning about the year end close process for businesses with our accounting service team – assist closing year end in QuickBooks and assist with filing 1099s
- Hands on experience with individual and entity tax preparation
- Experience assisting our audit department on financial statement preparation
- Technical and soft skill training dealing with clients and their businesses in all stages of life
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Have a minimum 3.3 GPA in both your major and overall
- Successful completion of two accounting courses prior to the start of your internship
- Have held leadership positions in student organizations, extracurricular activities and/or on team projects
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Newburg | CPA adheres to COVID-19 protocols.
Newburg | CPA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short – and long-term disability, 401k match, HSA contributions and a reduced summer work week. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org