We are currently looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist, to support our growing business. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, energetic, and enjoys working in an ever changing and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess exceptional follow-through, problem solving skills, the ability to embrace challenge, and be highly organized. Candidates should be able to collect, analyze, and interpret data to produce accurate reporting. We hire exceptional people!
- Verify and enter transactions into QuickBooks or client accounting program
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports
- Prepare appropriate schedules for fixed assets, prepaid expense records and general ledger account reconciliations as directed
- Administrate accounts receivable and payable functions if needed
- Record payroll and various adjusting journal entries
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Manage the preparation of sales tax returns and handle state tax registration locations as the company grows
- Prepare and file various regulatory and annual filings
- Assist in annual audit performed by external auditors, including the preparation of adequate work papers that support the financial statements
- May involve occasional travel to client sites
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with QuickBooks, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum of three years of relevant bookkeeping experience
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong initiative to follow-up on pending open items
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures (filing, correspondence and scheduling)
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, articulate and pro-active
Newburg | CPA adheres to COVID-19 protocol.
Newburg & Company, LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short – and long-term disability, 401k match, HSA contributions and a reduced summer work week. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com