We at Newburg & Company, LLP understand that there is more to a business than the bottom line, especially for a non-profit entity.
For over 25 years, Newburg & Company, LLP, located in Waltham, MA, has worked with a large network of nonprofit organizations in the New England area, allowing us to offer a full complement of services delivered by a team of extremely qualified professionals including A 133 audit in Boston, MA. Our CPA firm is committed to providing the highest level of professionalism along with a commitment to completing engagements that are top quality. You can be assured of prompt and timely contact with our professionals at all levels to ensure that your needs may be met in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Our CPA firm’s work includes serving foundations and non-profits in the education, arts, human/social services, information services, membership, chamber, healthcare and other areas located in and around Boston. Our firm has specialized experience in the areas of grant and fund accounting that are commonly found in the not-for-profit industry. We also offer special pricing discounts for all our not-for-profit organizations that benefit the community.
A-133 Audits and Non-Profit Compliance in Boston, MA
Depending on your organization’s size, you may be required to provide reviewed or audited financial statements to meet regulatory guidelines:
- If gross support revenues exceed $200,000; reviewed financial statements are required
- If gross support revenues exceed $500,000; audited financial statements are required
- If total federal grant award expenditures are greater than $500,000; an audit in accordance with OMB Circular A-133 is required
A-133 Non-Profit Services
We offer a full range of services designed to meet the specific financial and accounting needs of not-for- profit organizations for everything from Form 990 preparation to financial statement audits. Our services include:
- Assistance with start-up Form 1023 applications
- Financial Statement audit and review services as required
- Implementation of new auditing standards and Form 990 changes
- Cash flow management
- Budgeting and forecast analyses
- Management consulting
- Internal control assessment
- Fund raising consultation
- Employee benefits review
OMB Circular A-133 Audit Compliance
Newburg & Company, LLP has provided expert accounting services for government grantees and contractors. Our experience provides the knowledge you need to navigate the complexities of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) that govern your award. In addition to performing your financial statement and OMB Circular A-133 compliance supplement audit, we can provide:
- Assistance with the nuances of different funding vehicles including SBIR and STTR – Phase I and II
- Analysis of actual versus budgeted results
- Cost recovery maximization
- Grant accounting allocations
- Determination of cost allocations
Now, more than ever, you need specialized expertise to provide assurance to management and the board of directors that your organization is in compliance with various state and federal laws and regulations and with the terms of program contracts.