Newburg & Company and You
Newburg & Company, LLP is always interested in expanding our greatest asset — our talented and dedicated staff. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, as well as unlimited growth potential. We are committed to helping our associates balance an exciting career with an exciting life. Fast track your professional growth. Newburg offers broader experience and more responsibility with hands-on exposure to develop your skills in all areas. Become a trusted advisor to your clients by becoming involved in all aspects of their business to make a difference. Newburg has grown organically with no mergers or acquisitions, which has added to its cohesive culture.
Conveniently located in a state of the art building in Waltham, MA, we are a mid-sized Accounting firm poised for a continuation of double-digit growth focusing on quality staffing and dedication to outstanding full service to our clients.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, team player to join our professional services team as a full charge bookkeeper to service our clients’ needs. This position offers a diverse client mix covering a variety of industries throughout Massachusetts and New England.
– Prepare and maintain financial reports for clients using QuickBooks
– Analyze the general ledger and financial statements
– Reconcile fixed assets, prepaid and other accounts as needed
– Prepare, process and post payroll activity
– Administrate accounts receivable and payable functions as needed
– Perform monthly bank reconciliations
– Perform period-end closings
– Prepare and file sales and use tax returns as needed
– Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and other value added management reports
– Prepare annual 1099 filings
– Prepare timely, accurate reports as directed
– Work in a team oriented paperless environment
– Degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent work experience
– Minimum of three years of relevant bookkeeping experience
– Knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement presentation
– Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, MS Word and Outlook; QuickBooks ProAdvisor a plus
– Good judgment and proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
– Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong attention to detail and organization
– Must be polished, detail-oriented, highly-motivated, articulate and pro-active
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits including medical, dental, life and disability, 401-K and paid time off.
Staff Accountant – Public Accounting
We have an outstanding opportunity for an entry level accounting professional (0-2 years of experience). Responsibilities include the preparation of tax returns, assistance with general accounting, compilation, review, and audit engagements as well as taking part in additional value-added financial services that we provide to our clients. Qualified candidates should have the ability to multi-task and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please fax resumes and cover letters to our Recruiting Director at 781.884.4155 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Non-agency replies only.